Monday, July 20, 2009

Put your big girl panties on

So I have certainly been on hiatus for some time now, haven't I? Between the board exam (our scores were released last week, woot!) and starting my surgery rotation, life has been a big bundle of busy. But now that I'm in my "groove" it is time to piece my life back together again.

Current rotation: Plastic surgery service
Current mood: Happy to have a break for a few hours, not happy that one of our patients was taken off life support...
Future outlook: Good, because I will be switching to general surgery next week!
What I have learned so far: document EVERYTHING you do, including potty breaks. Don't make excuses, just say it is your fault and move on. Everyone gossips, especially the residents, so texting and gchat (versus audible bitching) is the way to go. Comfortable, expensive shoes are worth the investment. And when you want to scream, smile instead :)

My skin is getting thicker by the day, and I am thankful for that. Having people (erroneously) refer to you as "doctor" is the best feeling in the world...and even though there have been some tears over the last 3 weeks, I am still absolutely positive that there is nothing else in the world that I would rather be doing (except maybe roaming around Spain with Ashley!).

1 comment:

Glorysgirl said...

I totally wish you were here in Spain with me!! But I'm glad you're back in the blogworld and I need an Austin trip when I'm back in Texas for good in mid-August :)