Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Expect the unexpected.


Last night the first and second year classes received an email stating that school will not resume until October 6 at the very earliest; if living conditions are still not suitable for most students by that date the administration will consider sending us somewhere off the island for an indefinite period of time. Still not entirely sure how I feel about it. Still bittersweet.

Yesterday I mentioned how bothersome it would be to find that looters, presumably my own neighbors, had gained entry into my house somehow and stolen what little valuables I have (I took the new TV with me, suckers!). Most disturbing is the invasion of privacy and the fact that people would take advantage of such an unfortunate situation. But it's reality.

Ashley made a good point in saying that it is still okay to pray when it rains, even if you don't pray when the sun shines. Prayer is there whenever we need it and the quote was more so a personal reminder that I have so much to be thankful for on a daily basis. It is easier to mourn what we have lost instead of constantly recognizing what we are fortunate enough to have...and I have the feeling that I will learn this in a big way when I finally return to Galveston.

No comments: