Monday, September 22, 2008

"We Stop for No Storm"

Our Associate Dean of Student Affairs has designated the next 3 weeks as "independent study." I am hoping that means she will somehow break into my house, dry my books via solar power (because there is still no electricity) and FedEx those puppies to Austin...

In other news, the interim UTMB website posted a T-shirt design with the phrase "UTMB: We Stop for No Storm" on it today as a fundraiser of sorts; all proceeds are going to a Hurricane Relief Fund that I suppose will help the poor medical students who are now poor and potentially homeless. Well, I too, wanted to make shirts. They even stole my color (purple). But their phrase is probably more appropriate because there is a solid chance that I would have included some sort of reference to Wedding Crashers or Super Bad on mine. Predictable, I know. Once again, the island is opening to residents tomorrow and if the traffic wasn't going to be horrendous, I would probably just go get it over with. My crazy landlord called to tell me that she can't find the key to her own house and asked if I could send her a copy. I tried not to laugh while I was on the phone but I couldn't help it...at least she will be able to tell me what kind of damage (or lack thereof I'm hoping?) I have inside. It will keep me from letting my mind wander for a few more days.

My third Blackberry since October arrived today. That's right, it's my second replacement because for some reason, I am a black hole for cell phones these days. An interesting little fact about T-Mobile: whenever you change plans (minutes, text messages, etc.) they may or may not extend your contract without telling you. Totally unrelated to getting the new phone but I stumbled upon that little fact and I am not happy. Totally ruins my plan to get an iPhone when I get back to Austin...grrrr.

Next up: out for Whitney's birthday. Guilty pleasure of the night: the new 90210.

No comments: