So I got to thinking. What are the things I truly love...and am I doing them? I think med school has pushed a lot of things in my life to the sideline and I feel like I'm not old enough to have that happen. I mean...I'm young, I'm hip, I have a decent fashion sense...I have two functioning legs and a great deal of stress to run off, yet I haven't been to the gym in weeks (and now instead prefer to watch House marathons in my free time). I'm creative and I have a lot of energy, but I feel like those two parts of me are slowly on the outs. So I've decided to enact a post-Thanksgiving, pre-New Year resolution and it is a pretty simple one. To get take back the things that make me happy. The things that have nothing to do with BOYS or money or the fake kind of happy that you try to force on yourself.
Sounds easy, right?

This picture was taken by my friend Jay B. Let's call him my fellow UT grad/awesome friend/photographer extraordinaire. It is one of my favorites because it reminds me of those unforgettable poolside summers growing up. The simple pleasure of a cold pool on a hot day. And freedom to do absolutely nothing or anything I wanted, all in the course of 24 hours because the next day I could start all over again. Well, before puberty set in and I became all "weird" about my body. You can see more of his work
here (do it!). If med school doesn't work out I would highly consider hiring myself as his personal assistant/agent/life coach. The kid is going places.
1 comment:
You are the sweetest person alive.
Post a Comment