Monday, August 3, 2009

Not a girl, not yet a woman...

Week 2 of being a surgery med student orphan. But I won't complain because it is giving me much needed time to study for my shelf exam on the 21st (eek!).

I have come to the realization that I am destined to play the role of the young, female doctor who is smarter than she looks...but at times does not come off as being one ounce of intelligent. The first step is for me to stop saying the word 'like' so much and step two is to stop being so freaking intimidated by all of the testosterone that dominates my world on a daily basis. This is coming from a girl who has a lot of guy friends and went through her awkward tomboy phase for an unusually long period of time. So what's the problem? Maybe I feel I have a lot to prove? I need a kick of confidence and I need it now...

On another note, as a symbol of my rising maturity and in honor of my 24th birthday next month, I decided that it was time for my belly button ring to be ceremoniously removed. Although a playful reminder of my high school days, I know that I'm not 16 anymore and thus I am okay with not having two little balls in my navel to play with.

Quote of the week: "I can't feel good about cutting a baby," aka no one wants to drain an abscess from a babies butt (unless that baby is drugged up and wiggle-free, of course).

No comments: