Some believe that each day is a miracle. Well I've had a few miracles of my own this week: on three separate occasions, with neither daylight nor street lamp to illuminate my way, I managed to dodge a hooded homeless man, a crippled armadillo, and a family of 8 vagrant deer while driving. Perhaps I should write the Germans a 'Thank You' note. I can only imagine what I will owe them once I start residency and the number of late night and early morning road trips I make per week increases exponentially. If my car manages to keep me alive for another 3 years after I graduate, as God as my witness, I will send the new CEO of BMW a fruit basket. Or a puppy.
My short-lived stint as an OB/GYN was surprisingly more seamless and successful than I imagined it would be. Another small miracle, if you will. Like any young relationship, it started off a little rocky; my insecurity overpowered my confidence and the Mean Girls could sense it like a dog in heat. But eventually I found my groove and managed to befriend, at least on superficial level, almost all of the residents I worked with. They may or may not ignore me next week (or the next) but it was nice while it lasted.
Now, onto Internal Medicine and the eternally long lists of medical problems that most of these patients tend to have. Luckily I'm starting off with Nephrology consult; I say "luckily" only because it is not GI, as I do not fare well with poop and/or vomit. Urine, on the other hand, I can handle...
1 comment:
DON'T STOP BELIEVING! You rock and I would be delighted to have you deliver my future babies, or deal with urine and/or vomit/poop any day of the week. All those mean girls can suck it.
Post a Comment