Last night we graced the AMWA Charity Ball at the Moody Gardens Hotel ballroom. I would say it is synonymous with med school prom...but I don't remember my own prom. Anyways, the proceeds went to a great cause and as always, it is nice to see your classmates in attire other than t-shirts, jeans, or scrubs. As a whole, I think we clean up pretty nicely.
We started out at Lora's for drinks and appetizers. She lives in a perfectly decorated historic home a few blocks from mine that was once graced with a purple fluorescent mold that only hurricanes and comic books can produce. But she has restored it to its former glory, trendy urban New York-style furniture and all. I envy her and her trendy (but not at all pretentious) self. She's like Madonna in Who's That Girl (rent it!). Of course for some reason the only thing we could find to talk about was Chandler's husband and his bout of gastroenteritis and their 12-hour vacay in urgent care (formerly UTMB's Level 1 trauma center). What is happening to us? We talk about poop and vomit over cocktails. That's just swell.
After a few (more) drinks at the Charity Ball I proceeded to invite everyone that I know will be in Austin during third year over to my parents' house for Sunday dinners. And I meant it because it is finally starting to dawn on me how much I am going to miss my class and Galveston. And because I strongly believe there is no such thing as having too many good people in your life. So many things have happened in the last year...I swear we should have our own reality show. If T.I. gets one for going to jail, why shouldn't we?
Friday night began with a rowdy birthday dinner at Luby's, progressed to drinking games (mainly catch phrase) at Chip's, and finally ended at Yaga's with a handsy cougar giving me her phone number and telling me she wanted to "take care of me." Typical weekend in Galveston. Jealous?
No comments:
Post a Comment