Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My goodness

I have completely neglected my blog in the last month. I feel like a mom who forgot to pick her kid up from daycare...

I would like to blame the Renal course for taking up every spare minute of my life BUT Renal is over and now, no excuses. Good news of the week: I will officially be starting my clinical rotations in Austin at the end of June. Now the dilemma is where to live- should I live with the parents and maybe be able to start paying back the interest on my 78K in loans? Or should I get a house with my friends, Grey's Anatomy style (without the hooking up with each other)? Decisions, decisions.

So I have an ongoing obsession with Twittering these days and I love reading about the creative ways people are putting it to use. I came across an article this morning and if this can be part of my duties as chief resident then maybe surgery is for me after all. Basically, doctors at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit twittered real-time updates during the surgical removal of a large tumor from (of course) the kidney ( my favorite organ). From tumor excision to clamp removal, everyone is in on the show. I love it.

It's almost Friday, which means it is time to round up the to-do lists that are littering my kitchen table, my desk, my coffee table...and consolidate them to see how many things I have left to do before Sunday night. What happened to Sunday being God's day?

Pandora- check. Starbucks- check. Stretching my writing fingers now.

No comments: