A sweating ovary or a sick prostate explains most history.
~Martin H. Fischer
Week 2 of Pediatric Neurology...in the process of developing a girl crush on my attending. Not only is she this single mom super woman, but she wears the cutest pumps to clinic and gets over half of her work done from her Blackberry. To encourage my love affair, she let me do a lot of her Botox injections for the morning on her patients (mostly with cerebral palsy) who have serious problems with spasticity. Thankfully, they were sedated and the first patient I worked on did not have to see how nervous I was giving the first injection. The most difficult muscles to find? The hip adductors. Luckily there's an electrode to stimulate the nerve innervating the muscle, otherwise I would have poked the crap out of the poor kiddos.
Almost all of her patients in the hospital had seizures over the weekend so today we had the task of reading their EEGs and looking at their video monitoring...which proved how complex and crazy the brain really is. From lip smacking to leg kicking to rolling over to screaming in terror, seizures manifest themselves in a variety of ways and it can be pretty frightening. I thank God that I have never had one. My little brain couldn't handle it. My brain can hardly get through the week without thinking about ACL.
No comments:
Post a Comment