
The good news is, I did two bone marrow aspirations today. The bad news is, I got blood on my favorite pants. The good news is, Vampire Weekend was playing on the radio when I got into my car afterwards. What is so special about Vampire Weekend, you ask? Because it reminds me of the amazing three days I had at Austin City Limits last weekend--roaming around Zilker Park in a fedora and sunglasses, swaying to the music and remembering what it feels like to walk around barefoot in the grass. It also reminds me of how much I love the city of Austin, and of course how hard it will be to pick and leave sans family and friends. So as I prepare to wander around the U.S. between the months of November and January, hopping from state to state and shaking hands with various Pediatric Residency Program directors, my heart will be in Austin, Texas...wandering around Zilker Park in a fedora and sunglasses.
No comments:
Post a Comment