So I just returned from St. Vincent's Clinic (which is a free clinic run by medical students here in Galveston) and I have to say, it was pretty interesting. I learned that 1) I definitely have a lot to learn about being a doctor, 2) I should not be given a prescription pad for many, many years and 3) I am not very good at recognizing personality disorders. I guess you had to be there (or be Chandler) but apparently there are times when people aren't just being nice to be nice, you know what I'm sayin'? Anyways, it definitely opens your eyes to a lot of things that the poor/homeless struggle with that contribute to their drug and alcohol problems. And you get used to being hugged by people who...I'll just say it, haven't showered in days (and the temperature reached around 90 degrees today, yay!). It's humbling. It's funny at times. And it makes you want to work harder so that at the end of 4 years, you can trade in your baby white coat for the longer, big-kid one.
Is it sad that it's only 8:30 p.m. and I'm tired? I'm getting old...and I need to get a hobby...or get back to my old ones soon...before I lose my flavor [pronounced flav-a].
1 comment:
i just now discovered this page of yours and guess what? i'm mentioned!! me!! yay! i made it onto your blog thingy! and on another note, i think im going to check your blog often bc its hilarious! i love your witty observations and funny experiences! love it! and love you!
love chanbaby
Post a Comment