Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sweet Like Candy To My Soul

This weekend I'm in Austin for one of the busiest four days I've ever had. But it feels amazing to be back in Austin with the people who know me best and in the place where I had the best four years of my life. I'm jealous of everyone who was lucky enough to graduate from UT this year, especially those who managed to prolong graduation as long as they possibly could in order to delay growing up just a tiny bit longer.

Last night I went to a surprise party that my friend threw for her parents' 30th wedding anniversary. There was laughter, there were tears, and most importantly, lots of alcohol. I think it's funny how socially acceptable massive amounts of drinking can be at a family event that consists of mostly Catholic school kids and their parents. Our childhood priest even made a cameo...he grilled some meat, renewed some vows, and made a swift exit after making a few questionable (and presumably drunk) statements about the inheritance his recently deceased father left him. You can use your imagination.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my kick-ass dermatologist to see if he's brave enough to try excising the keloid scar from my heart surgery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because a) I want my cleavage back and b) He's just cocky enough to think he can successfully remove it without it reoccurring. We'll see what happens. It's back to Galveston tomorrow afternoon and per usual, it's going to be so hard not to turn around before I even get to Brenham. Oh well...I guess that's what growing up is about, right?

No comments: