Thursday, May 15, 2008

Just trying to make some sense

It's almost Friday! I'm not even in school and Friday still holds its all-magical power...weird. So per the suggestion of a friend, I picked up the book "Skinny Bitch" by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin from Target earlier this week and thanks to that 224 page little paperback I will probably never eat meat again. If you like food a lot, DO NOT read that book. I was already a picky, half-ass vegetarian so it did not have as profound of an effect on me as it probably has on some. I'm just sayin'.

Yesterday I had a really long conversation with my mom about guys, which is weird because I never so much as got a "Birds and the Bees" talk growing up. The closest I got was filling condoms with water and making water balloons out of them one night when my sister was supposed to be babysitting me. Oh and it was totally her idea (duh, I was like 6 years old!). Anyways, the basic lesson that was learned at the end of the conversation was that whenever you have the awkward first date with a guy, there are THREE basic questions that one should ask immediately. And by immediately I mean before you let him pour your second (or fourth?) glass of wine.

1. Does he have a girlfriend
2. Does he have any children
3. Has he ever been convicted of a crime (felony, misdemeanor, federal...they all count).

These are actually per mom's suggestion (and I don't think she was kidding). Thanks mom. Too bad I should have started asking these a long time ago. But then again, if I had, I wouldn't have so many good campfire stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does "Skinny Bitch" say that I can eat fruit snacks? because I love fruit snacks!