If I were to star in a movie with a title reflecting the current happenings in my life it would be "Four Weddings and a Baby" - a cross between "Three Men and a Baby" and "Four Weddings and a Funeral", if you will. I've stopped counting the number of engagements/weddings/"It's a boy!" announcements that appear weekly on my Facebook News Feed (is there some kind of setting for that?) but one thing is obvious: I'm slowly starting to resent it. Selfish, probably, but at this stage in my singledom it only serves to remind me of my descent into my mid-twenties. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for my friends who are moving on to the next stage in their lives and I don't mean to imply that getting married and having children is anything but natural (for some) at our age. But I feel a quarter-life crisis coming whether I like it or not. And in anticipation of that quarter-life crisis I am planning a trip overseas in the spring of 2011 to revel in my independence. For now, it works. And I can only hope to have a serendipitous meeting with a strapping young Spaniard with a fabulous accent and lack of a green card.
The New Year is just about a day away and although I have stopped making resolutions, I love to hear about others'. Intern Katy on Jezebel listed her 10 Things To Do in 2010 and I was surprised to see that a few of her hypothetical resolutions would also land on my hypothetical list. I also love the responses her post generated, especially this one:
Ipomoea
04:25 PM
My resolutions for this year are pretty hard-core:
1. Apply to grad schools
2. Lose enough weight to enable...
3. Get knocked up
4. Get a full-time job between...
5. Get my BA in March and
6. Start grad school in September
7. Save the money from the job to
8. Travel to Italy and be there when I
9. Turn 30.
You know, nothing major.
Pseudo serious or not, way to put yourself out there Ipomoea. Go confidently into your dreams (I believe that's a famous quote. Or something).
The New Year is just about a day away and although I have stopped making resolutions, I love to hear about others'. Intern Katy on Jezebel listed her 10 Things To Do in 2010 and I was surprised to see that a few of her hypothetical resolutions would also land on my hypothetical list. I also love the responses her post generated, especially this one:
Ipomoea
04:25 PM
My resolutions for this year are pretty hard-core:
1. Apply to grad schools
2. Lose enough weight to enable...
3. Get knocked up
4. Get a full-time job between...
5. Get my BA in March and
6. Start grad school in September
7. Save the money from the job to
8. Travel to Italy and be there when I
9. Turn 30.
You know, nothing major.
Pseudo serious or not, way to put yourself out there Ipomoea. Go confidently into your dreams (I believe that's a famous quote. Or something).
No comments:
Post a Comment