Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh I have missed you...


Another clinical rotation comes to a close, this time with the additional reassurance that Pediatrics is absolutely the field for me :). Not only do I get to play with kids but I get to fix them too? Yes please.

Yesterday a mom asked if I would take a picture with her two-month old son for his scrapbook; I was surprised but completely honored that she thought enough of me to have a permanent reminder of her son's hospital stay...with me in it. Definitely the best feeling I have had in a while. And as I sit here, willing myself to study and fighting the urge to sleep, I thank God that I found a career that seems to fit me like a cute little leather glove...despite its occasional moments of intense frustration. I have to believe that the rest of my life will fall into place eventually and I will figure out who I really am along the way...


Career: check. One down, 283 to go (but who's counting?)


Apparently one must have a pretty good handle on themselves before they are truly able to share their lives with someone else. In that case, I have some serious self-reflection to do. I'm not getting any younger.



"They say the bigger your investment, the bigger your return. But you have to be willing to take a chance. You have to understand, you might lose it all. But if you take that chance, if you invest wisely the pay off might just surprise you."

No comments: