In less than a week I will discover where I will be spending the next 3-6 years of my life via an envelope handed to me in front of my classmates, our families, and our friends. No pressure, right? I have done all that I can and the rest is up to God, fate, karma, and will. Two parts exciting, one part terrifying. And also a prime time for my insecurities to start simmering...not quite coming to a boil but just enough to make me squirm.
So it was quite appropriate that I came across a book that the family I nannied for gave me when I graduated from high school (or college?). It's called YAY, YOU! Moving Out, Moving Up, Moving On and I honestly don't remember if I read it the first time around. Ironically, it seems more relevant now than ever, cartoon illustrations and all.
There are so many choices.
The world is immense.
Take a good look around and decide what makes sense...
You already have wit.
You already have style.
You have very kind eyes and a dazzling smile...
But now...
There are places to get to!
And projects to do!
People to talk with, and lunches to chew!
But stopping a while is okay, too.
And whatever you do--
now or later,
big or small,
loud or quiet--
whatever you do,
don't worry.
Just try it.
Whatever you do,
whether near or so far,
I know you'll be great.
You already are.
Simple, but just what I needed to hear. Here's to enjoying the next 5 days because whatever I do, near or far, it'll be great. It has to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment