Friday, August 22, 2008

Boom Boom

I have recently given my soul over to Gawker and I don't even regret it. I'm a typical article skimmer and my rule of thumb is: when in doubt, gravitate to the caption with the best picture. Call it elementary, but it works.


This picture is still making me giggle, simply because I cannot fathom how this "sport" made it to the Olympics. And it solidified my thought that I too, could make it to the Olympics in 2012. Imagine stumbling upon two of your female friends in this position. Or better yet, a little girl and her classmate on the playground. Clearly an excuse of "but they do it in Beijing" would not suffice. Little Sally would be sent to private school and her ex-best friend would never be heard of again, except for the occasional family Christmas card.

But somehow, in someway, this is supposed to encompass the Olympic spirit. I guess everyone has their day, which means it is time for me to invest in a ribbon dancer and the stretchiest leotard I can find. Any takers?

1 comment:

Glorysgirl said...

HAHAHAHA I'll start training with you - sign me up!