Mixed feelings today. Not only can I not find my iPod, I cut myself trying to bake cookies (who does that?). And all I really had to do was scoop out the dough from the Pillsbury packaging...
My parents went to visit my sister, her husband, and their two kiddos on Sunday and my mom's post-Iraq report on my brother-in-law was not so much a good one. He apparently has a moderate case of OCD, complete with rituals and the need to move around entirely too much...one always equates Iraqi soldiers with PTSD but when you think about it, OCD is the same manifestation of stress on the body, just with a different effect. PTSD is very extreme and I am in no way comparing the two conditions but still, it is not fun to know that Dan went to Iraq one person and returned as another person. I had full confidence that if anyone could return from the war completely unscathed, it would be him. Right now I am imagining the worst case scenario (imagine an episode of MTV's True Life) but until I see him for myself, I'm afraid I will keep reminding myself of everything I learned in neuro at the end of first year. And that is not a good thing.
Speaking of first year, the newbies are here and it is kind of fun to see them running around exhausted and anxious, wearing their scrubs and their pagers that they will most likely NEVER get a page on. Kind of a right of passage. I wonder what the typical grace period is before we're allowed to make fun of their smell when we're stuck in the same elevator post-anatomy lab. Hmm...
1 comment:
I say give them about twelve hours and then start doing the loud sniff in the elevator.
Post a Comment