Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic Fever


Bentley and I have been glued to the TV (and the couch) today, soaking in as much Olympic history as possible. Part interest, part necessity (last night's TKY party was rough), my unproductive day has been totally worth it...I have managed to sufficiently stifle the little voice in my head telling me that I should be studying.

The med school class of 2012 has officially arrived and as a whole, they seem pretty feisty. Dare I say it but I think they may give my class a run for our money.

My mom called today to give me the official post-garage sale report and apparently people will buy anything these days. Of particular note is the plethora of silk plants that my mother has so proudly collected over the years...it seems that the old ladies of the neighborhood couldn't get enough. I was hoping to hear about a physical incident of some sort involving a fake ficus and two scrappy grandmas but no such luck. I did get a little bit of a scare though...my mom called to tell me that my dad's foot and lower leg were swollen BIG TIME and although he wasn't in any pain, there was no reasonable explanation for it. No bite marks, no localized redness, nothing. Because 1) my dad has high blood pressure and 2) we're in our cardiovascular/pulmonary course, my first thought was something catastrophic (a DVT). But like I said, he isn't hurting and probably would not have agreed to go to the hospital tomorrow had it not been for my mom. My head is telling me not to worry but naturally, I am. This is where I consider making more deals with Jesus...

1 comment:

Glorysgirl said...

LOVE the picture. Ah swimmer bodies. I knew there was a reason I swam. Ooooo la la.