Sunday, August 24, 2008

A letter of love

Dear Tourist,

I realize that you are excited about your cruise to who-knows-where but as a temporary resident of Galveston, TX there are a few things I would like to remind you:

-If it is Sunday and I am up before noon, it's a miracle. Thus, get out of my way when I walk into Starbucks. I'm sure your banana chocolate smoothie can wait 5 minutes.

-Flashing red stop lights = four way stop. And no, you may not walk whenever you feel like it, and I may have to hit you if you do.

-The Strand is not that great. Certainly not great enough for you to drag your entire family, including grandma in her wheelchair and the twins in their stroller, off the ship. Wait until you get back?

Just a few things I needed to get off my chest. Thanks.

Love,
Vershanna Emily Morris

No comments: