
I've heard that it’s possible to grow up, I've just never met anyone who’s actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don’t go our way. We whisper secrets with our best friend, in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. And we hope against all logic, against all experience, like children, we never give up hope.
-- Meredith Grey
Competition is a funny thing. Welcome to the life lessons of Election '09...who would have thought a med school election could become so personal? Thank goodness for moms and their impeccable ability to put things in perspective.
One of the best lessons Momma Morris has taught me throughout my 23.5 years is how to turn negative energy into something positive. A principle which today has taken the form of joining the UTMB Oncology Society's Relay for Life team (woot!). With only 14 days to go, I have some serious fundraising to do. Knowing me, I will probably spend 7 of the 14 days editing/updating/making minor changes to my fundraising page.
I am really excited to finally be participating in an American Cancer Society event. At 8 years old I informed my mother that I was going to be a doctor and naturally, I would cure cancer along the way (a totally reachable goal at the time). I still hope to fit it in sometime between getting married and joining the AARP...but I'm not picky.
1 comment:
You best send me your fundraising page link :) Not that I have a lot of money but every bit helps right?
Post a Comment