Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What goes around comes back around

I truly do not understand politics and apparently I do not play the game very well, which is why, I suppose, I was meant to be a doctor and not Hilary Rodham Clinton. So without delay, here is my formal 'goodbye' to the Vice Presidency and my formal 'hello' to the UT System board of Regents in Austin, TX. The Student Advisory Council just became a whole lot louder, better dressed, and more ethnic.

They say that something good comes with every bad. Had I not been so wholly disappointed in nearly everything yesterday my parents and their friends may not have been so quick to make donations to my Relay for Life team, and I am thankful for that. I love my mom and her extraordinary efforts to make my day just a little bit better, even if she can't be here. And I love Chandler and Gloria for the entire pan of brownies they brought over last night (delish). And I love Whitney for her offer of wine, TV, and wedding planning (the best combination of distractors ever), and I love Jade for calling/texting and Sharon for her pre-study check-in, and everyone else who put a smile on my face...I had a lot of things to be thankful for yesterday.

So here is a toast to Life Lesson #68: Life is full of disappointments...in people, in circumstances, and in events. At this point in life, the only viable option is to put on my big girl panties and get over it. That and to say "suck it" (baby Naomie says "suck it" too).

No comments: