Monday, April 6, 2009

Just breath.


Milestone #1: As of this morning, Basic Care Life Support (BCLS) is under my belt. One pretest, 4 hours, and one post-test later I am officially certified to perform CPR on infants, children, and adults. Furthermore, I am now able to force a gumball on a string from the throat of Chuck the legless mannequin. Chokers beware- my upper body strength is not exactly optimal, which equates to an increased degree of lean in from behind. My favorite quote of the morning: "If you blow too hard, you will blow your mannequin's head off." Maturity or not, the guy had jokes.

Milestone #2: I am the proud owner of my 3rd Visa debit card since I moved to Galveston. The woman in account services politely warned me that card #4 is going to cost me.

Milestone #3: My second Easter away from home is quickly approaching. I think no Spring Break and no Easter egg hunts are the closest I want to be to adulthood at this time. Baby steps.

Hopefully milestone #4 will be the defense of my title as the Class of 2011 Vice President. I have some friendly competition this year which of course has made things interesting...which brings me to Rule #76 - No excuses, play like a champion.
[To be continued]

No comments: