My throat has been feeling yuck and as it turns out, I have the streps. I blame Joseph. I had my tonsils removed last summer before med school started for this very reason...so I'm hoping the germs are just playing a trick on me and will find something else to occupy their time shortly.
I've been really frustrated lately because I just can't seem to get organized. There are still boxes hanging out in various nooks and it makes me feel very scattered...but at the same time I would rather do nothing than continue to unpack. Or read. It's a vicious cycle.
On a more important note, I get updates from the American Medical Association every day (which honestly can be annoying) but today I read something interesting. There was a proposed 10.6 % cut in Medicare physician payments that was supposed to go into effect July 1. Needless to say, physicians across Texas were pissed. Not only is the Medicare system notorious for their crappy reimbursements but many physicians in private practice only accept a limited number of Medicare patients per year (if at all)...which of course is a detriment to the elderly, military families, and persons with disabilities who rely on Medicare. The TEXPAC put their game face on, Senators Cornyn and Hutchison actually did their job and [gasp] Medicare's seriously flawed formula for paying physicians may actually be fixed in the near future.
Oh politics. I guess I never realized how important you will be in getting me out of debt. It will be interesting to see what the next President will throw into the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment