Sunday, July 20, 2008

No more pathology, let's get to the drugs


Meet the heart. My new best friend for the next 2.5 weeks. The heart and I actually have an interesting relationship because despite the fact that mine needed a little work to keep on trucking, it managed to do just fine the way it was for 19 years. So my love/hate relationship with the Cardiovascular Pulmonary course is more of a love one at the moment (although that is subject to change). I am finally in study mode...thank you baby Jesus. It took me about 3 weeks but I am there. The bad news is that my new TV comes tomorrow AND I am going to Austin this weekend, talk about distractions. But the reason I'm going to Austin is for an appointment with my cardiologist on Friday so in my book, it counts as a clinical experience. I mean...if I don't walk out of the Medical Tower with a sticker and a lollipop it makes the time spent there more legit, right?

We went to Houston on Friday night and Midtown kicked my butt. I haven't danced my little heart out like that in a long time and it was much overdue. Next up: Austin and Beth's going away party. I can't believe so many of my friends are married with REAL jobs...and moving half way across the country.

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? --Grey's Anatomy

1 comment:

Glorysgirl said...

Love the italicized quotation. I think it shows a true talent for blogging. And depth of character. Hope all is well with you!