Thursday, October 9, 2008

Informed Choice

The countdown to moving day continues. With the "Contract Pending" sign that is now in my parents' front yard came a plethora of packing and panicking (especially from my mother) that translates to stress for me. Because school doesn't start until the 20th, I apparently have been designated the live-in maid/hired help to prepare for their move on October 23rd...woo woo!

I found this video on CNN.com that was so honest and adorable that I had to post it. It shows a kindergarten class from New York explaining which Presidential candidate they would choose and why, as well as what issues are important to them and their description of what the presidential duties should be. Obviously, 5 year-olds are relatively unaware of politics but I would not be surprised if their reasoning mirrors that of some adult voters who are currently undecided about their choice for President. Maybe they should form a kindergarten focus group and see what their take on the financial crisis is. Sometimes the simplest answers are the best, right?

No comments: