
The annual Texas/OU game led to a 45-35 victory for UT...woo woo! And this is why I love being a Longhorn. Win or lose, the atmosphere in Dallas is always amazing and I wish I could have been there to experience it. Colt McCoy you have officially redeemed yourself.
As of tomorrow, I have exactly one week of hurrication left before classes resume. At this point returning to Galveston is going to be bittersweet to say the least...I have been reminded once again of how much I love Austin and everyone who lives here. On my "before I leave" list: a roadtrip to San Antonio, Mount Bonnell, and hopefully one more date night before I go :)
My sister, her husband, and my niece and nephew stopped by the parents' house today and wow, I almost forgot how quickly the little ones grow up...little Naomie is 1 year and 8 months and already weighing 30 pounds! I consider myself a pretty limber 23-year old and I almost threw my back out picking her up. Next time I see her I may have to stretch beforehand, seriously. As much as I love being an aunt, visits from Izaiah and Naomie are the best birth control ever. Especially when both kids have an energy level at about a 12.5 on a scale from 1 to 10...and that is excluding the holidays of Halloween and Christmas. The bright side is that Bentley is going to sleep like a baby tonight; I don't think I have ever seen him run for his life so intensely nor has he been manhandled this many times in one night. When he complains I simply tell him that it is "preparation for the real world" and that "it must be tough to be such a cute puppy." I am not sure how that makes sense but it is the best parenting advice I have come up with thus far.
Tonight I am going to finish watching the Patriots lose and browse through pictures of Texas/OU weekend debauchery on Facebook. Yes, it will likely just remind me how much I miss undergrad but I plan to do a little vicarious living while I am at it. Hook 'Em!
No comments:
Post a Comment