Monday, March 10, 2008

Don't drink the water

In a nutshell, I'm afraid this week is going to kill me. I decided that last week was going to be a "personal week" (aka I caught up on my TV watching and ate real meals)...which means this week I don't know where to start. Not only are there about 6,194 parts of the brain but 3,572 of them look alike, are 1 mm apart, and are identified by names that mean absolutely nothing to me. Looks like neurology is out of the picture.

So today on CNN there was a report about drugs being found in drinking water across the U.S. Drugs. As in anti-anxiety, anti-epileptic, antibiotic drugs. Oh and there's the sex hormones. Granted, the concentrations are really small, as in parts per billion or trillion, but still...ew. Does it surprise me? Not really. We're Americans and we love our drugs. Prescription drugs are the new comfort food.

Here's the link to the article...
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/10/pharma.water1.ap/index.html

On a side note, I'm pumped about summer. If only it would start feeling like summer and not hurricane season.

No comments: