Every Friday the same thoughts run through my mind - do I study? Do I do something productive like laundry or cleaning or grocery shopping? Or should I just take a nap, get in the shower, and proceed to drink like I haven't gone out in the last 18 months. The good thing is, we just started a new class so I can be irresponsible without feeling too guilty about it. The bad thing is, every time a new class starts I vow to "be good" and study every day, do all the readings, etc. Obviously it never works.
Fast forward to Friday night. Eric had friends in town so I went and hung out with them for a bit before meeting up with the med school class at Lora's. The food: amazing. The alcohol: plenty. It kind of made me want to learn how to cook just so I can have trendy cocktail parties with phenomenal finger foods. Maybe one day when I'm a grown up. We naturally progressed to karaoke at a gay bar where my favorite lesbians work (they were in a fight and were trying to out flirt each other, which was F-U-N-N-Y). The rest of the night consisted of singing/dancing/throwing arms around drunkenly to various songs from the 70's and 80's and I have to say that I danced my little heart out. Hopefully I kept it appropriate.
The night would have been a 10/10 except for one little detail...drunk boys. I don't understand why guys think it's okay for them to be assholes after they've been drinking since 4 p.m. Do you act differently when you have friends in town? Sure. You probably drink too much and say/do things that you normally wouldn't, but do because if you go to jail, your friends have real jobs and can bail you out. But some things I just can't chalk up to alcohol. Maybe I have high expectations. Maybe I should lower them?
Okay I need to study. But it's so pretty outside...
No comments:
Post a Comment