Monday, March 31, 2008

If at first you don't succeed...screw it.

Lesson of the week: don't be too trusting. It sounds cynical, I know, but it's true. One would think that I would be learning more academic lessons in medical school but apparently this one is important. Maybe it's because I went to private school...or maybe it's because I'd like to think everyone is like me in their thought proccesses. But the truth is, no matter how much faith you have in someone, they can still disappoint you. I guess it's a good lesson to learn because it reflects the real world but it's still not a fun one.

In a nutshell, boys will be boys...will be boys. If Texas accepted same sex marriages I would seriously consider it. At times I wonder if I have a big 'X' on my forehead that screams "screw me over," or "make me look stupid." Because somehow that seems to be the repeating trend, no matter how hard I try for it not to be. I'm a good girl, I don't ask for a lot, I'm not super needy and I certainly don't fall into the obsessed-over-relationship-titles category. If you have any suggestions let me know...



Okay no more venting. One thing that has REALLY bothered me lately is the case of the "microwave baby" here in Galveston. In summary, a 19 year old father put his then nearly two-month-old baby in a microwave at a motel for about 20 seconds. And then decided it would be a good idea to put her in the motel refrigerator and hotel room safe as well. Despite all of this, the 20 year-old mother still believes that Satan compelled her husband to do these things because he was attempting to become a preacher and the Devil saw him as a threat. So basically some people should never be allowed to become parents. I would encourage people to try having a pet (a dog, a cat, maybe even a FISH) before deciding to give birth to a living, breathing, child. To make matters worse, this man has a childhood history of hallucinations and homicidal threats. One would think that he wouldn't even have made it to the baby-making stage of his life but whatever. Luckily the baby girl didn't sustain any internal injuries (she was treated at Shriner's and has been released to CPS) but I personally blame (1) this man's parents; (2) this man's wife; and (3) this man's sperm for being so strong and crazy as to make their way to someone's uterus. THIS is what makes me want to adopt a child. There is a serious lack of reasonable, responsible, (and most importantly) SANE people giving birth to and raising our future youth. Thanks to this guy, his daughter will probably end up stealing my purse at knife point and being addicted to cocaine until she's 60.



Here's the link to the article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18807327/

No comments: